Here is part two of my favorite documentaries. If you missed part one, you can view it by clicking here.
11. Beer Wars – A great documentary about the stupid laws we have in America around Beer and how anyone who isn’t Coors, Bud or Miller is fighting an uphill battle.
12. Nerdcore Rising – A crazy documentary about a new form of hiphop called Nerdcore that follows MC Frontalot on his national tour….
13. Monster Camp – A documentary on Larping. If you can find it, it is absolutely surreal.
14. Dumbstruck – A documentary that follows the ventriloquism community for their annual Vent Haven convention… If my memory serves correct, this documentary also includes a ventriloquism wedding (of the puppets)…
15. Chasing Ghosts – Beyond the Arcade – This was similar to King of Kong and focused on the video game culture in the early 1980’s and Twin Galaxies. Definitely worth a watch. If the picture below won’t get you to watch, then I don’t know what to tell you.
16. Pulling John – I really don’t remember much of this one, but I had it on my list and I know it’s about arm wrestling.
17. Grizzly Man – The story of a man in Alaska who wanted to live amongst grizzly bears… This won at Sundance.
18. Who Killed the Electric Car – A documentary about the EV1, the first electric car made by GM and how they did everything in their power to sabotage it. It does a great job showing how dumb the American auto maker was (and still is).
19. Indie Game: The Movie – A great look at the world of creating independent games and some of the challenges designers face. It’s also interesting to follow up on the games featured and see what happened to them after they were released.
20. The People vs. George Lucas – A documentary on how George Lucas screwed up Starwars at the expense of making more money.
21. Food Inc. – A documentary that will make you rethink food.
22. The Short Game – A documentary about the 7-9 year old world golf championships. It made me angry because every one of those kids would beat me, but overall, a good documentary definitely worth watching.
23. Frisky Business – This is a British documentary on the largest online sex retailer in the country. I watched the entire series within 24 hours…. It was fascinating. I rated it 5 stars.
If you have any other great docs I should check out or any comments on any of ones listed above, please drop a note below.